Sunday, July 10, 2011

Broccoli Muffins

I know, I know, it sounds nuts. My Lily won't even tolerate broccoli on her plate, let alone in her mouth. But I found this recipe and they sounded good to my husband and I so we decided to give them a go. And guess what, my daughter ATE THEM! Chunks of broccoli and all, she devoured it!

1-3/4 c. flour
1 c. quick-cooking oats
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 c. chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
1/2 c. shredder cheddar cheese

In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl whisk together the milk, oil, and egg. Fold into the dry ingredients, but don't over mix. Then fold in broccoli and cheese. Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment